Chanute Tribune

Newspaper
The Chanute Tribune began as a 4-column, 4-page publication founded by G.M. Dewey on April 8, 1892. H.P. Hutton was editor. Eight years later, Sept. 6, 1900, Dewey sold it to J.M. Cavaness, who was succeeded by his sons, Herbert and Wilfred, three years later. The sons formed a partnership with Parks Helmick, and on Oct. 31, 1905, they absorbed the Chanute Daily Blade. Four years later the brothers joined A.R. Blakely and Fred Brinkerhoff to form a stock company, The Tribune Publishing Company, which absorbed the Chanute Morning Star. Source

Outlet Details

Scope Local
Language English
Country United States of America
Media Market Joplin-Pittsburg
UVMs Request pricing
Frequency Daily
Days Published Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat

Chanute Tribune Journalists