Ocala Star Banner

Newspaper
The East Florida Banner started publishing weekly in Marion County, Florida in 1866 by printer-editor Francis Eppes Harris (1846-1928). It is the direct forerunner of today's Star-Banner. The East Florida Banner was sold to George W. Wilson in 1881 and was renamed The Florida Banner-Lacon when it merged with The Florida Lacon. In 1883, the name was changed to The Ocala Banner. In 1890, The Ocala Banner became a daily newspaper. In 1895, The Ocala Evening Star was created as a competitor to The Ocala Banner. The Ocala Star-Banner was combined into one publication on 1 September 1943 and has remained the daily newspaper in Marion County since that time. Source

Outlet Details

Scope Local
Language English
Country United States of America
Media Market Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne
UVMs Request pricing
Frequency Daily
Days Published Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun