The State Journal is a broadsheet newspaper mainly serving Frankfort, the capital of Kentucky, and the rest of Franklin County.
The paper is a descendent of the The Kentucky State Journal, which originally was an eight-page, six-column Democratic morning daily. The Kentucky State Journal was established Jan. 7, 1900, by John Meloan, its first editor and manager.
On Feb. 9, 1911, The Kentucky State Journal united with The Frankfort News to become The Frankfort News-Journal. Shortly thereafter, on June 20, 1912, the paper gained its current name under editor Graham Vreeland. Source