The Windsor Star is the regional daily newspaper of Windsor, Ontario, Canada. It is owned by the Postmedia Network and published Mondays through Saturdays. The publication had its main office at 167 Ferry Street from 1923 to 2012, before moving to its current location at 300 Ouellette Avenue.
The paper began as the weekly Windsor Record in 1888, changing its name to the Border Cities Star in 1918 when it was bought by W. F. Herman. It became the Windsor Daily Star in 1935 following the amalgamation of several small communities, and finally the Windsor Star in 1959. Although Herman died in 1938, the paper continued under the direction of his wife, Adie Knox Herman, along with Hugh Graybiel and W. L. (Lum) Clark. Source