Park Labrea News & Beverly Press

Newspaper
When the Park Labrea was built in 1946, it was touted as the largest apartment community West of the Mississippi. Suddenly, an entire neighborhood sprang up in the heart of the city. The residents of Park Labrea began distributing a newsletter throughout the complex, and within a few months, the “Parklabrea News” was born. By 1948, an established newspaper man, Joseph Duplain, took over and converted it into a newspaper. In the mid-1950s, Nan Dayhoff became editor and ran the paper for the next 20 years, publishing twice a month. In the 1970s veteran TV newsman Charles “Chuck” Riley acquired the paper. In 1990, the newspaper was sold to current publishers, Michael and Karen Villalpando, who took over the reins on January 1. Source

Scope Local
Language English
Country United States of America
Media Market ? Los Angeles
UVMs ? Request pricing
Frequency ? Weekly
Days Published Thu

Park Labrea News & Beverly Press Journalists