The Courier (Ballarat, VIC)

Newspaper
The Ballarat Courier is a daily newspaper circulating in the Ballarat region of regional Victoria. In 1867, Robert Clark and Edward J.Bateman established The Courier under the name of Bateman Clark & Co. The first office was located on the south side of Sturt Street, east of Albert Street. The newspaper consisted of four broadsheet pages and was printed on a hand press, turning out approximately 300 copies an hour. In 1871 the office moved to 24 Sturt Street and in 1889 the Clark and Bateman partnership dissolved, with Clark becoming the sole proprietor. In 1922 the newspaper became a private company called the Ballarat Courier Proprietary and a year later bought out the opposition, The Star. The Courier changed format from broadsheet to tabloid in 1944. Source

Outlet Details

Scope Local
Language English
Country Australia
UVMs Request pricing
Frequency Daily
Days Published Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat

The Courier (Ballarat, VIC) Journalists