The number of international buyers were up this year at Farmfair, and the organization hopes to keep that momentum going so Canadian breeders can expand their markets. Stacy Felkar, international marketing manager with Farmfair, said the number of international buyers grew by 37 percent this year. She attributed that increase to Canada’s great genetics, as well as the fact that last year’s buyers decided to bring others with them this year.
An Alberta Hutterite colony has been ordered to pay dues for labourers who work in its concrete plant after it lost an appeal to the Workers Compensation Board earlier this month. The Nov. 1 decision involves the Spring Ridge Colony east of Edmonton near Wainwright, Alta. About 90 percent of the colony’s business involves agriculture, while the other 10 percent involves concrete manufacturing for pre-cast walls.
Alberta’s agriculture ministry is moving to ease worries that non-farmers might be appointed to hear agricultural nuisance disputes. The provincial government proposed new legislation Oct. 31 to dissolve the Agricultural Operation Practices Act (AOPA) practice review committee and 13 other agencies. Official changes are currently being debated in the legislature.
Muck Rack makes it simple to find people, tweets, or articles that mention any name, keyword, company, hashtag etc. We've compiled this guide to help you make the most of your search.
Selecting a term
Start searching tweets, articles from media outlets, articles mentioned in tweets, journalists'
names, titles and bios with some suggested searches:
Companies or Topics (e.g. iPhone, Microsoft)
Phrases (e.g. "cloud computing") — use quotes to keep the terms together
Twitter handles (e.g. @username) — returns those who have mentioned or replied to
Names (e.g. "David Pogue")
Hashtags (e.g. #sxsw, #london2012)
Bio details (e.g. vegan, Olympics, father)
Muck Rack's Advanced Search allows for many boolean operators.
Find results that mention multiple specified terms, use AND or
+. For example, ensure each result contains both Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg by
searching Musk AND Zuckerberg or Musk + Zuckerberg.
Use the operators OR or , to broaden your search when you'd like either of
multiple terms to appear in results. (This is the default behavior of our search when no operators
are used). For example, results will contain either cake or cookie by searching cake OR cookie or cake,cookie
Use NOT or - to subtract results from your search. For
example, searching Disney will yield results about the Walt Disney Company as well as Walt Disney
World Resort. To exclude mentions of Disney World, search for Disney -World or Disney
When using one of these operators with a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, you can
find results about smartphones excluding Apple's iPhone 4S by searching smartphone -"iPhone
Exact case matching or punctuation
If you're searching for a brand name or keyword that relies on specific punctuation marks or capitalization, you can
find results that match your exact query by adding matchcase: before the keyword you're searching for, like matchcase:E*TRADE .
Use parentheses to separate multiple
boolean phrases. For example, to find journalists talking about having fun in Disney World or
Disneyland, search for ("disney world" OR disneyland) AND fun.
An asterisk can be used to search for any variation of a root word truncated by the asterisk. For example, searching for admin* will return results for administrator, administration, administer, administered, etc.
A near operator is an AND operator where you can control the distance between the words. You can vary the distance the near operation uses by adding a forward slash and number (between 0-99) such as strawberries NEAR/10 "whipped cream", which means the strawberries must exist within 10 words of "whipped cream".