Have an opinion about this story? Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor , and we may publish it in print. F&I manager Stephanie Cooper tells the story of how a pump bottle of hand sanitizer helped her sell an extended warranty to a millennial couple. Cooper looked at the bottle while copying the couple's hand cleaning, remarking how the cleaner destroyed 99.9 percent of germs and wondering aloud about the other 0.1 percent.
Barbara Lowe struggled to stay awake to watch the 11 p.m. television news one December evening in her Mayfield Heights, Ohio, apartment not far from Cleveland. Her fatigue quickly turned to joy as a picture of a newborn infant — born at nearby Hillcrest Hospital at 12 minutes after midnight on Dec. 12, 2012. “I let out a shout,” Lowe tells PEOPLE.
Wednesday, July 12, is just a normal day for many, but not for Remo the mixed breed dog . Today, he graduated with a doggy education Ph.D., and “Top Dog” class honors from TAILS (Teaching Animals and Inmates Life Skills) just four months after enduring nearly fatal abuse.
Muck Rack makes it simple to find people, tweets, or articles that mention any name, keyword, company, hashtag etc. We've compiled this guide to help you make the most of your search.
Selecting a term
Start searching tweets, articles from media outlets, articles mentioned in tweets, journalists'
names, titles and bios with some suggested searches:
Companies or Topics (e.g. iPhone, Microsoft)
Phrases (e.g. "cloud computing") — use quotes to keep the terms together
Twitter handles (e.g. @username) — returns those who have mentioned or replied to
Names (e.g. "David Pogue")
Hashtags (e.g. #sxsw, #london2012)
Bio details (e.g. vegan, Olympics, father)
Muck Rack's Advanced Search allows for many boolean operators.
Find results that mention multiple specified terms, use AND or
+. For example, ensure each result contains both Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg by
searching Obama AND Romney or Obama + Romney.
Use the operators OR or , to broaden your search when you'd like either of
multiple terms to appear in results. (This is the default behavior of our search when no operators
are used.) For example, search for democrat OR republican to find results that refer to
Democrats and/or Republicans.
Use NOT or - to subtract results from your search. For
example, searching Disney will yield results about the Walt Disney Company as well as Walt Disney
World Resort. To exclude mentions of Disney World, search for Disney -World or Disney
When using one of these operators with a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, you can
find results about smartphones excluding Apple's iPhone 4S by searching smartphone -"iPhone
Exact case matching or punctuation
If you're searching for a brand name or keyword that relies on specific punctuation marks or capitalization, you can
find results that match your exact query by adding matchcase: before the keyword you're searching for, like matchcase:E*TRADE .
Use parentheses to separate multiple
boolean phrases. For example, to find journalists talking about having fun in Disney World or
Disneyland, search for ("disney world" OR disneyland) AND fun.
An asterisk can be used to search for any variation of a root word truncated by the asterisk. For example, searching for admin* will return results for administrator, administration, administer, administered, etc.
A near operator is an AND operator where you can control the distance between the words. You can vary the distance the near operation uses by adding a forward slash and number (between 0-99) such as strawberries NEAR/10 "whipped cream", which means the strawberries must exist within 10 words of "whipped cream".