Peter Berlin on Muck Rack

Peter Berlin

Verified

Veteran sports hack now at AFP. 15 years IHT Sports Editor. Also FT, NYT, SI, Politico, France 24 etc. Shaping eager young minds at universities in France & UK

Search Tweets

Twitter Feed

@petergberlin — 365 followers, 1,207 tweets

@Marcotti @Tombirkert @GrantWahl There is the strange idea that if VAR improves officiating accuracy from 98% (which might be generous) to 99% the remaining 1% means it has failed
RT @GrantWahl: Blaming VAR when the problem is poor use of VAR is the new blaming zonal marking when the problem is bad zonal marking.
@Tombirkert @Marcotti @GrantWahl You can argue that, since one of the uses of VAR is to identify offenses the referee missed when a goal is scored, it is more likely to penalize an attacking team. But I don’t see how ensuring the rules are applied in all cases is “unfair”.
@jonathanliew And finally (I hope) a gif of Lee accusing George Best (another player who made Alli look like a saint but who survived Chopper Harris and Norman Hunter) of diving  https://goo.gl/images/Es7tPy 
Show More