President Donald Trump signed a sweeping spending bill into law on Friday, February 9, just hours after it was approved by lawmakers and after the government temporarily shut down without a deal. The bill, which will fund the federal government for two years, includes many health care measures that will impact the home health care industry. The big change to grab headlines is a new payment model for home health care providers, which will shift the current 60-day unit of payment to a 30-day model.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently proposed adding non-skilled in-home care as a supplemental benefit to Medicare Advantage plans in 2019. The language of the proposal led to questions, still unanswered, about which specific services could be covered under MA plans. However, home care providers and insurance companies are interpreting the new proposal as good news.
The new parent company of Kindred at Home (NYSE: KND) isn’t moving toward growing the new business with urgency, executives said during an earnings call reviewing fourth quarter 2017 results. Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced in December it would be acquiring 40% of the Kindred at Home business, with two private equity groups acquiring the other 60%.
Muck Rack makes it simple to find people, tweets, or articles that mention any name, keyword, company, hashtag etc. We've compiled this guide to help you make the most of your search.
Selecting a term
Start searching tweets, articles from media outlets, articles mentioned in tweets, journalists'
names, titles and bios with some suggested searches:
Companies or Topics (e.g. iPhone, Microsoft)
Phrases (e.g. "cloud computing") — use quotes to keep the terms together
Twitter handles (e.g. @username) — returns those who have mentioned or replied to
Names (e.g. "David Pogue")
Hashtags (e.g. #sxsw, #london2012)
Bio details (e.g. vegan, Olympics, father)
Muck Rack's Advanced Search allows for many boolean operators.
Find results that mention multiple specified terms, use AND or
+. For example, ensure each result contains both Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg by
searching Musk AND Zuckerberg or Musk + Zuckerberg.
Use the operators OR or , to broaden your search when you'd like either of
multiple terms to appear in results. (This is the default behavior of our search when no operators
are used). For example, results will contain either cake or cookie by searching cake OR cookie or cake,cookie
Use NOT or - to subtract results from your search. For
example, searching Disney will yield results about the Walt Disney Company as well as Walt Disney
World Resort. To exclude mentions of Disney World, search for Disney -World or Disney
When using one of these operators with a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, you can
find results about smartphones excluding Apple's iPhone 4S by searching smartphone -"iPhone
Exact case matching or punctuation
If you're searching for a brand name or keyword that relies on specific punctuation marks or capitalization, you can
find results that match your exact query by adding matchcase: before the keyword you're searching for, like matchcase:E*TRADE .
Use parentheses to separate multiple
boolean phrases. For example, to find journalists talking about having fun in Disney World or
Disneyland, search for ("disney world" OR disneyland) AND fun.
An asterisk can be used to search for any variation of a root word truncated by the asterisk. For example, searching for admin* will return results for administrator, administration, administer, administered, etc.
A near operator is an AND operator where you can control the distance between the words. You can vary the distance the near operation uses by adding a forward slash and number (between 0-99) such as strawberries NEAR/10 "whipped cream", which means the strawberries must exist within 10 words of "whipped cream".